- Wiz Wit’or Wiz Wit’out, Pat’s or Geno’s – you decide where and how to get the best cheesesteak in town!
- Channel your inner Rocky Balboa and run the steps of the Art Museum.
- What better place to network with fellow program staff members than the City of Brotherly Love?
- Speaking of Brotherly Love, you’ll get to experience plenty of it as the famously-friendly fans of baseball’s Philadelphia Phillies welcome you to the home of the 2008 World Series Champions (and – we hope – the 2011 champions as well!).
- Walk down the same cobblestone streets that Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin once strode (and thank them for the fact that we don’t drive on the left side of the road).
- Keynote Speakers Fr. Richard Rohr, Fr. James Martin, and Rev. Heidi Neumark will be providing us with the inspiration to lead others to service.
- Take a lesson in proper pronunciation: it’s “wooder” not “water.”
- Did you know that the Liberty Bell weighs 2080 pounds? Discover more facts about it when you visit Liberty Bell Center!
- Run the “Kelly Drive loop” along the Schuylkill River (pronounced SKOO-kill in Philly). Warning: may take your breath away. Check out this article for some great views of Kelly Drive.
- Get out of the office for a few days and explore where you find joy in your calling to the world in need!
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
2011 Catholic Volunteer Network Annual Conference: Top Ten
The Catholic Volunteer Network 2011 National Conference will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on November 15th- 18th. Famous for its rich history and culture, Philadelphia is home to many “firsts”: the first zoo, presidential mansion, American flag, daily newspaper, computer and more! Whether it is your first time or your fiftieth, there are plenty of reasons to look forward to attending this year’s National Conference in Philly: