By Gordon Wong, Recruitment Associate
What an incredible five months it has truly been for me! In five months I have traveled to 11 states and 40 college campuses. I don’t dare guess how many students I’ve had conversations with or how many RESPONSE books I’ve given away.
|Here's a snapshot of my New England recruitment circuit|
from the past fall. Photo credit: Catholic Volunteer Network.
While on the road I will be writing every two weeks with updates. These blogs will serve as a resource to prospective volunteers and will include questions to ponder and suggestions on how to find the program best for you!
In the meantime here’s my schedule of travels over the next 60 days:
- South Carolina: Wednesday, January 29 - Tuesday, February 4
- Wednesday, January 29: Winthrop
- Thursday, January 30: Wofford & Furman
- Friday, January 31: Clemson
- Saturday, February 1: Service Day in Columbia, SC, 4:30 PM Mass at University of South Carolina
- Sunday, February 2: USC and College of Charleston
- Monday, February 3: Citadel
- Tuesday, February 4: Coastal Carolina
- Atlanta, GA: Wednesday, February 5 - Sunday, February 9
- Seattle, WA: Wednesday, February 19 - Friday, February 21
- Moscow, ID: Saturday, February 22 - Sunday, February 23
- Saturday, February 22: Service Day
- Sunday, February 23: University of Idaho
- Portland, OR: Monday, February 24 - Tuesday, February 25
- Pueblo, CO: Wednesday, February 27 - Tuesday, March 4:
- Saturday, March 1: Service Day at Colorado State University, Pueblo
- Washington, DC : Friday, March 21 - Sunday, March 23: Ecumenical Advocacy Day
- Memphis, TN: Saturday, March 29 - Sunday March 30
- Saturday, March 29: Service Day at Rhodes College
- Sunday, March 30: University of Memphis & Rhodes College
|Excited to be heading down to South Carolina this week!|
Many thanks to our friend Jim Grove for setting up these
visits. Photo credit: Catholic Volunteer Network.
See you on the road!
P.S. For more up-to-the-minute updates follow Catholic Volunteer Network on Twitter (@CatholicVolNet) and me on Twitter (@gowotweets).
Are you a prospective volunteer, current volunteer, volunteer alumnus or program coordinator and are going to be near Gordon? Join him for any of the events he has planned! Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 301.270.0900, ext. 15.